Tuesday 7 August 2012

The First Post

Okay, I don't really know where to start with this... I guess an introduction is in order...

Hi there, I'm Jenny, and I write (and always have written) fiction for leisure. I've just finished the second draft of a novel which, for the first time with something I've completed, I feel could potentially go places (trying not to sound big-headed there!). Whilst on holiday recently, I read an article in a magazine about how to get yourself known as a writer and one of the ways in which was reccommended was through the internet: the stratosphere of blogging, twitter etc. So I came home, and thought about it for a while. The book as its first printed incarnation came into being in the form of my second complete draft, and I decided that now was a better time than ever to start up this blog. In no way is the novel finished or perfect, and I'm hoping that as my blogging progresses, so it will too. Basically, I'm planning on charting my journey of trying to become a published author through my blog.


If anyone's reading this, I'm assuming you're wondering what kind of a genre it is that I write for. I've never really discussed it with anyone I know before: I find it awkward talking to people that I'm close to, but then again, this is the internet, and we're all as anonymous as we want to be around here. I've always been particularly interested in 'fantasy' fiction - or anything with an aspect of magic or the paranormal/superhero/mythology to it. My book (as yet untitled) revolves around this particular idea. Without wanting to liken it to anything specifically, it's a: 


Travelling-in-a-VW-bus-fantasy-in-an-alternate-version-of-history-told-in-first-person-about-just-your-average-teenage-protagonist-guitarist-with-various-weapons-and-otherwise-trying-to-make-sense-of-what's-happened-to-her-whilst-running-from-the-'bad guys'-and-trying-not-to-get-caught-breaking-the-law-for-weapons-offences.


kind of book. 


There we go, I just sold it to you. Right there. So here it is; here's my blog. If you're interested, let me know, all messages returned. :)


Peace. x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;