Tuesday 12 February 2013

Letters From The Dead (A Writing Burst)

(A writing burst set by Julie - apparently in France, over several thousand letters each year are sent to the dead. Our task was simple: write a letter back. I decided to take my usual darker tone and write a reply to one of these letters from a revenge-seeking ex-friend.) 

Dear Celiná, 

Thank you for your letter dated Lundi le 4 Janvier1, I thoroughly enjoyed reading through your pointless colloquialism about how you're happy with your life right now and that everything seems to be going ever so perfectly for you right now. My favourite part however was the persistent lies that you're really looking forward to seeing me again. But don't worry about that my dear friend, you will be seeing me again.

Remember how, as children, you were always the one to have the best dolls, the best clothes, the most stable family? Remember how, throughout school and college you were always the prettiest, most popular, the best at sports? And remember how you always insisted that you were my best friend and stuck with me no matter what?

Remember the bullying, teasing; the name-calling, hair-pulling little Salope2 that you could be sometimes. The biting, hitting, kicking you did whilst all the while you insisted that you were my meilleur amie3. Yeah, me too.

Now do you remember the car crash? Oh wait Celiná, that's one part that you're in the dark about. The other car came out of nowhere one day while I was sat at the red light, and in a heartbeat the breath was knocked from my lungs, the life from my body.

So you see, now you've remembered making my life a misery, remember (or at least, let me enlighten you as to) the present situation that your dear deceased friend now finds herself in. And just remember Celiná, you'll be seeing me soon. And I'll sure as hell make sure that you truly do remember exactly everything that you put me through.

Yours, Amelié.



1  Monday, January 4th 
2  Bitch
3  Best friend


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;