Sunday 23 September 2012

A Brief Hiatus From Blogging (I'M SORRY!!)

I guess I'm due an apology for what I think is around two weeks with nothing on the blog and a minuscule amount of activity on twitter. Or at the very least, an explanation. But exciting things have been developing in my absence from the social networking sphere, so even though I've not been online as much, that doesn't necessarily mean that my writing has come to a standstill too.

So you may have been wondering what's been going on around here to make my life so incredibly busy that I can't spare half an hour or so to orchestrate a blog post? For those of you that don't know already, I'm only eighteen, and therefore the further education of university has been calling out to me for some time. To cut a riveting and exciting story short (think too much Jaegermeister, midnight trips to kebab houses and trying to remix the Pokemon theme tune so it fits to an Iron Maiden drum riff), after an eventful freshers week - that isn't even over yet - tomorrow my first creative writing lecture begins, and I will officially be a poor university student living off takeaways and packets of noodles.

Enough of the partying though, what about the writing side of things then? Well, I guess there's three things really:
1) A girl I met has a sister who is a published author and said she'd give me the details of the publishers and agents her sister used. Okay, that's pretty cool.
2) One of my closest friends has just acquired a deal to publish his very first children's book. Even cooler.

And finally (my favourite)...
3) Whilst sat in a cafe with my mum the other day, we came across the parent of some of the children she used to teach in one of her old schools. A woman who is none other than Harriet Goodwin; author of The Boy Who Fell Down Exit 43, The Hex Factor and a couple of other books for children. Now obviously, being a wannabe writer, I pretty much attacked her straight away with questions about the writing processes, and how she managed to get published (check out her website, http://www.harrietgoodwinbooks.com/) and after much conversing, not only did she recommend me the editors she used, but also she told me I could get in touch any time I needed some advice. Now if that's not an amazing thing to happen, I don't know what is.

So there you have it, the amazing adventures of Jennifer Claire Bunn of the past two weeks. Normal blogging service will resume as soon as possible... Maybe when this hangover has died down. If you're interested, share this with your friends, keep checking back here for more, tweet me: I'm always looking for feedback and people to get in touch. I'm nice, promise!!

Peace. x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;